"I'm a Jesus Girl who can step on the scale and simply see an indication of how much my body weighs - not the worth of who I am!" Lysa Terkheurst

On July 9th I had Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery and this is my journey! I want to be clear that I DO NOT think this surgery is a quick-fix for weightloss and every possible means should be taken before even considering this path. It is VERY difficult and if I knew then what I know now, I would have done more to lose the weight on my own! Having said that, I'm thankful for my new healthier life and am accepting and taking charge of MY weightloss journey! And... ALL the glory and honour goes to GOD!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Get behind me, Satan!

A new post two days in a row!  Well, I just needed to vent and this blog allows me to do that - get my feelings out and maybe hear from someone else who understands and has been there!

So I did the Body Step class today at the gym. Now, being a musician, I would THINK that I have good rhythm.  BAHAHA  Apparently you need to be like J-Lo in order to do these classes!  Okay, it's really not that bad, but it did take a lot of getting used to.  I will continue to go back to these classes because I know that as I go to more I will learn the steps and moves and it will be second nature.  But wow, did I feel like I had two left feet today.

Because of my double-left-footedness, I felt really silly and I felt like people must have thought I was not cut out for this class.  I know in my head that no one was even paying attention to me, but those were the thoughts going through my head.  About halfway through the hour-long class I had to finally say "Get behind me, Satan!"  I know it was the devil planting insecure thoughts in my head.  And I had to keep reminding myself that all the suave people around me had been doing this class for a long time.  I had to remind myself that I've come so far with my ability to exercise.  And I had to remind myself that I had the power of Jesus Christ on my side!  So here's a kick in the butt, Satan!  I will keep going to these classes, and yes, I might look uncoordinated, but it's all good!  At least I'm doing what I can to make God's temple healthier!

That's it for today!  Thanks for "listening!"


Matthew 16:23
"Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

7 comments:

  1. Of course satan will want to discourage you, my friend! He'll try anything. Don't listen to that voice. You have just as much a right to be in that class as anyone else in it! Go for it, girl! Janet Masse xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dayna,
    I just wrote a comment; however, I did something and it didn't get posted. What I said was congratulations and keep up the great work. Exercise is wonderful. When you get used to going to the Gym, you will not even notice anyone else there....you'll notice people just like you notice someone if they enter the room but nothing more. I used to go to Zumba. First, when I went there, I would make sure I was in the last row; I couldn't see the instructor's moves, so in time I made it to the first row. I was the only one in the room, as far as I was concerned. I didn't sweat until I started Zumba. (I say I used to go because I had to give it up because I have gone back to College to upgrade my skills; but I will be back as soon as I'm finished. Again, good luck.
    Juanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayna, this is HUGE!! You have come such a long way. Keep focus on God! Way to go girlfriend!! Loves ya!!

    Nic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayna - it is awesome to follow you on this journey! I'm so proud to see that you are focused solely on the numbers on the scale (a woman's greatest weakness, if you ask me!!). A proper regimen of physical exercise is SO important in maintaining a healthy lifestyle! Keep at it!!!

    Sue-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...and that should TOTALLY say NOT just focused on the numbers on the scale...NOT, NOT, NOT....epic typo in that little motivational spiel! Lol!

    Sue-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understood what you meant Sue-Ann! Thanks everyone for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you think that these people were also very awkward when they first started? You're just afraid that you are going to be called "Elaine!" (inside joke between me and Dayna). You've come a LONG way since that. You will catch on in no time I am SURE! Keep up the great work. Love you lots! Mom

    ReplyDelete

DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR NAME TO YOUR MESSAGE IF YOU'RE AN ANONYMOUS GUEST!