"I'm a Jesus Girl who can step on the scale and simply see an indication of how much my body weighs - not the worth of who I am!" Lysa Terkheurst

On July 9th I had Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery and this is my journey! I want to be clear that I DO NOT think this surgery is a quick-fix for weightloss and every possible means should be taken before even considering this path. It is VERY difficult and if I knew then what I know now, I would have done more to lose the weight on my own! Having said that, I'm thankful for my new healthier life and am accepting and taking charge of MY weightloss journey! And... ALL the glory and honour goes to GOD!

Monday, January 7, 2013

120, gone!

Well I thought I hit my first stall this week but I forgot I lost 2lbs at the beginning of the week so I'm still down! 120lbs gone.  I really want to put the word FOREVER after gone.  And as much as I want to believe that it's gone forever, I'm a realist.  I have no intentions of ever gaining that back and I will do everything in my power to keep it off.  Many people have said "I've gone 100lbs gone forever!" and then gained it back plus some.  So I'm just going to go forward on my journey and do my best to stay as healthy and active as possible!  120lbs lost.  That puts a smile on my face!  The thing that stresses me out though, is the lack of clothes in my closet.  I need another trip to the Sally Ann Thrift Store in the states to get some good deals.  Clothes being too big is a nice problem, but expensive!

I don't have much to say this week.  I had a quiet New Years because I was so sick.  I went through two sets of antibiotics (finished them yesterday) and my ears are still not back to normal, but at least I feel human again.  I went back to work on Wednesday and it was good to be active again.  The only problem is that the store is full of dust from all the construction and it's cold because of open doors all the time.  So my nose keeps running like a facet!  But I'm thankful for the job and a great supervisor to work with!

Oh, one thing I have to make mention of is that Stelios and I went to see Les Mis on Friday night and I was SOOOOO excited to be able to sit in the chair at the theatre and not have to flow into Stelios' chair.  Usually I have to lean on him to fit.  But this time I had room on each side of me and crossed my legs the whole time!  What an awesome experience!

I would like to take this opportunity though to send a shout out to a dear friend of mine.  I have mentioned her on my blog before - she's such an inspiration.  Lorna is waiting for a double lung transplant and was told yesterday they had lungs for her.  But at the last minute they realized the lungs were not usable, as they were contaminated with pneumonia.  This made all of us quite sad.  But of course, Lorna being her normal cheerful self took it all in stride and was so positive about it all.  She is a true hero and inspiration.  I posted this picture of her a few months ago, but I have to post it again in honor of her tonight.  If you're struggling with weightloss and feel like you just can't "get off the couch" to get moving, look at Lorna in this picture.  She is hooked up to oxygen and still working out to make her body as strong as possible to be ready when she gets her gift of new lungs.  Love you Lorna - you rock and you rock my world!

We are thankful that Lorna is on the priority list for lungs.  I posted this song for her last night, a song that I sang at a Women's Conference a few years ago.  The words are so applicable for what she is going through.
A reminder - when you can't trace His hand, trust His heart!




Total Loss: 120lbs

2 comments:

  1. what a gift and talent God has given you. i listened to your song and tears started flowing. always loved your voice. keep up the amazing work with your weight loss and keeping using your voice to inspire and bless the world as you have inspired and blessed me tonight sitting on my sofa listening to your beautiful voice and reading another inspiring blog. blessings to you and i pray your dear friend lorna will be blessed with lungs, another inspiring person. Sonia Downey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your weight loss. But I am afraid that you may be losing it too fast. It scares me. But I am proud of you. Stay healthy! Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR NAME TO YOUR MESSAGE IF YOU'RE AN ANONYMOUS GUEST!