"I'm a Jesus Girl who can step on the scale and simply see an indication of how much my body weighs - not the worth of who I am!" Lysa Terkheurst

On July 9th I had Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery and this is my journey! I want to be clear that I DO NOT think this surgery is a quick-fix for weightloss and every possible means should be taken before even considering this path. It is VERY difficult and if I knew then what I know now, I would have done more to lose the weight on my own! Having said that, I'm thankful for my new healthier life and am accepting and taking charge of MY weightloss journey! And... ALL the glory and honour goes to GOD!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Move it!

Well, I really never thought going to the gym could be fun, but I am really enjoying it.  I used to enjoy it when I lived in Calgary and my sister and I went to Spa Lady.  We had a great time together, that is, when we didn't skip the gym because we couldn't find parking right by the door and opted to go to Arby's instead!  Well, yesterday morning I went to the gym and ran into my friend Becca.  She was there for the Step Class.  I had planned on doing a regular workout, but since she was there, I did the step class with her and her friend.  We had a great time.  Classes are always better with friends.  We are all still beginners so we didn't look the smoothest, but I really don't care about that.  I just want to move it!  Then last night I went to the Aqua Zumba class with my friends Linda and Barb.  That class is A W E S O M E!!!  I would encourage every woman to try it at some point.  It really makes you feel like a lady! ;)  And again, it was so much fun being there with friends!

Today I went to Body Pump class.  This was only my second time but I felt like a pro! hahaha  Just kidding. But it did help that I had done it before and knew what to expect.  I really enjoy this class - probably more than any of them, because I feel like I'm getting the best workout.  I had to leave 10 minutes early to get to an appointment, which works out fine because the end of the class is working on the legs, which I find difficult.

I have really bad knees and I truly thought that after I had lost a lot of weight, my knees would get better.  But unfortunately, I think they are beyond natural repair.  I'm going to see my doctor about it.  I was told by my doctor in NL about 8 years ago that I would probably need knee replacement if I didn't get the weight off soon.  Well, not only did I not get the weight off, but I gained another 50 pounds.  So, unfortunately, I think I may have to head into surgery at some point.  :(  Every time I go up the stairs my knees have a ripping sound and it hurts so much.  The step class is challenging at times because of my bad knees, but I take the lower impact options so I don't do more damage.

So the purpose of this post is to encourage you to MOVE IT!  You'd be amazed at how just starting to move your body will help in losing weight.  And moving it with friends makes the journey that much more enjoyable!  Find a gym you can join with friends, or get a group of walking buddies together.  Or, when the snow comes, find a parking lot that has a big pile of snow and get your friends out to climb it together.  There's so many things you can do to get moving - be creative.  Just move it!


3 comments:

  1. Friends always make it so much fun! You have a team of accountability. That's special :-) woot :/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are having a great time at he gym. It really helps to have others to laugh and enjoy the experience with. I too have issues with my knees and find certain movement difficult but I push through it. Yours sound worse though. Hope things look up for you in that department. Keep it moving;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, don't you remember the fun we used to have going to "Curves?" See...exercising CAN be fun.....especially if you have someone or something to make fun of. lol! Mom

    ReplyDelete

DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR NAME TO YOUR MESSAGE IF YOU'RE AN ANONYMOUS GUEST!